About me

My name is Katarzyna Polomska. 
My friends call me Kasia. My IT history started in my Secondary School. I was not decided from the beginning, I thought I would be a doctor. 

I was learning biology and chemistry to get to the Medical Academy.
But one day my mum (who was a teacher) brought me a book about programming (this was Pascal). I started to read it and write programs based on it and then... I realized this is what I want to do. Then I need to change my direction in 180 degrees. I was short time to repeat all math lessons but finally I passed the exams to one of the most famous academy of technology in Poland - Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza w Krakowie (University of Science and Technology in Cracow).

That were not easy studies, 5 hard years, including last two when I need to share my time between academy and part time job.
When I finished Computer Science I thought I will be developer.
But my future took different rails. I joined IBM right after my studies in 2006 and I started my professional carrier in test department. Soon I became a leader and I found great pleasure in working with people. Then Agile was only theory (I remember one lecture on the last year of studies) and when I joined IBM all project was typical waterfall projects. After a few years’ companies started to split one big bang into iterations.

However, this was several waterfalls instead of one big bang.

First steps in Agile was not easy especially in big corporation like IBM. However challenge brings innovation :) 
My IBM experience lasts over 11 years. I was working in 3 projects with managers and teams on different levels of agility. That was great journey when I had pleasure to work with people and learn many (not only hard) skills.

This blog is like a diary where I would like to put on "paper" my experiences and thoughts. Additionally I would like to share with young Agile and Scrum practitioners my best pracises and tips and tricks to help them in their Scrum mastering or coaching.

If you would like to contact me directly you can send me an email message at katarzyna.polomska(@)gmail.com.

Comments

Popular Posts